Hello All

  At 1717Z today, K2 Serial nr 6708 spoke it's first words.  My thanks
to KA9S, Jeff, for answering my VERY poorly sent CQ, on what seemed to
be a dead band.

  I finally got back to building again early this month and got the last
of the soldering done this weekend.  Today I did the 40 mtr final
alignment and testing.  Everything went without a hitch.  I sent a few
"TEST' signals to myself on the 706.   It sounded really sweet.  (The 40
mtr ant the K2 was using crosses 12" under the 160 mtr dipole the 706
was using.  I expected massive overload of the 706 but it did ok.
Conversly the K2 had no trouble dealing with the 706s signal even with
the ATT off.

  Now on to the rest of the tune up procedure.  But first the cover goes
on and I take it with us to visit my dad, WA0ZWW.  The visit is for
other purposes, but he'll enjoy seeing the new rig!.

73, es TNX to the folks at Elecraft for the fun I've had so far.
de
KD0R,
David