Folks,

My recommendation to those who have legacy applications and hardware to
support is to obtain a computer and a copy of Windows 2K pro and put it
on a computer that will be used in the ham shack (dual boot if you have
to).  Most DOS programs will run in the "DOS-box", and it will support
most USB devices as well as 'legacy hardware' like serial ports.  Win2K
Pro is a solid operating system even though it does not have all the
"whiz-bang" GUI features of XP and Vista, but it can operate without all
the extra glut and just keeps 'slugging along' with no problems.

73,
Don W3FPR