Well, I see the elecraft K3 as still a work in progress.

No, I am not referring to the firmware/software mods.

I am referring to continuing hardware mods.
The latest is the audio filter to make SSB audio actually sound good - like
a good radio sounds.

It was very nice of you all to buy the radios before everything worked
right,
and provide feedback to Elecraft,
and test the hardware and software improvements,
and open your multi-thousand dollar radios and stick your soldering iron in
there....

but that's not for me.
I want to buy a factory built radio - and be happy and done with it.

Now, some things just don't make any sense whatsoever to me - but must to
others.
Why in world will someone pay so much money for 10watt 2meter in their
elecraft, when
they can buy a 50 watt 2m/70cm radio with more power, can be used for MARS,
and maybe even a built-in TNC for around the same amount?  I don't know -
maybe someone wants to do weak signal
SSB on 2m?  Well with 10 watts you'll also be providing weak signals for
others to enjoy - hihi.

I would never buy a new ICOM model in the first year - because usually there
are some hardware bugs found during the first year.  How many years should
one wait for Elecraft?  I'm not sure.

Then there is the K3's transmitter.  ARRL test reviews shows it on par with
the old 746pro's transmitter.  The Flex 5000's "new redesigned transmitter"
scores top of the class in ARRL testing.  Leaps and bounds better than the
K3's transmitter.   I bet Elecraft may soon be redesigning its transmitter
to meet or even 1-up Flex's transmitter.  Why not have the best cleanest
transmitter to go along with the best receiver?

Maybe I should wait for 2 years of no further hardware modifications - then
I'll know Elecraft finally finished the radio's hardware.  I just don't have
the self-confidence to go hardware-modding such an expensive radio.

So, you are enjoying the world's best receiver now....and I'll enjoy it a
few years from now.

Yes, I can think this and not write it.
But then you went and wrote how Elecraft has finished the radio.

No hard feelings.
Howard