Yes, of course you are right.  I was referring to hardwear changes
that would require returning the rig to Aptos or going inside with a
hot soldering iron in hand.  There is no point in waiting to buy a K3
until the firmwear is fully mature  as there is not much involved in
dong a periodic upgrade online.  It does help if you live near one of
the design engineers ):.

73,

Rick   K7MW in Mount Vernon, Wa.