Okay, so I have followed the directions in the KAT1 manual up to the
top of page 8, and I cut the trace to the right of "DRV," as it
indicates to.  After doing this, the next step is to "solder resistor
RF-R4 (5.6K)  on the bottom of the board between the two pads located
on either end of the cut trace segment."

Well, I am about to do that, but I just want to be sure that RF-R4 is
to be installed in addition to the R4 resistor of the same value that
was already installed during the build of the RF board.

I am a bit concerned that maybe cutting the trace and installing RF-R4
might not be the right procedure for my revision of the RF board (K1
RF Rev. Er).  If I shouldn't have cut the trace, it's too late, but I
was hoping someone out there might be able to shed light on this.

It seems strange, because there aren't 2 free pads, only the one at
the top.  If I am to install the additional 5.6K resistor, one end
would have to go to the lead of the already installed R4.  Is this
right??

I've triple checked my errata page, and both the manual for the K1,
and also the KAT1, and according to the documentation I think I have
followed the directions properly up to now.

Thanks for any reassurance or re-direction (if necessary) anyone may
be able to help me with before I continue.

Best,
Anthony, W6GC