My K3, serial number 758, firmware 3.11, 215, will not key my Alpha 76
amplifier. There is no voltage present at the Key Out jack, with the K3 in SSB
and the Vox on, or in CW mode, with the Vox on. The only way to key the amp is
to use the PTT button on the Heil Gold Line mic. With the PTT pushed there is
keying and output from the amp, both in SSB and CW. I suspect that it is a
firmware problem but have gone thru the Config Menu and cannot figure out what
settings may be wrong and perhaps need to be changed. I have taken the Bencher
paddle out of the Winkeyer and inserted directly into the K3, but this does not
make any difference.

       I used it on Field Day, without the amp of course and it performed
flawlessly. The K3 has the 100 watt module, the ATU, KXVC module.

Sincerely,

NF8J
Paul VanOveren
5911 Snow Ave.