I'm using the Quadra amp I change bands using the RF sniffing method
which does work ok.

The Quadra needs to see at least 50 watts carrier
The Quadra needs to show the K3 a good swr so I switch in a dummy load
after the amp.
If the radio shuts down because of Hi SWR the F SET method will not work.
I press the [F SET] switch on the amp putting it into TRANSMIT then
press and hold
[XMIT] / tune until the amp switches bands, only takes a couple seconds.

Here is a link that you can use for the lash up you are looking for

http://www.ab4oj.com/quadra/w4uk.html

Look for and sign up for the Quadra Yahoo group there has been some
discussion there
on the lash up using band data 2 input. I believe there is a mod to the
amp that activates
the [INPUT] #2 to act and switch the band data info from the number 1
input which is a
change Yaesu left out for some reason. After this mod is done there will
then be radio control
from both band data inputs from two radios the control being switched
via the amp [INPUT]
button.
I do not remember where I saw this mod posted or by who.
I have the PTT and the ALC connected to the Quadra from the K3 the talk
power on ssb
is much higher than my ft2k so the ALC is a must. Before I connected the
ALC up even as
low as 20 watt SSB on the K3 sent the amp into high output I have no
issues controlling the amp
with the ALC from the D sub 15 pin connector, pin 5 and pin 15.

My K3 serial is #3142 its born on date is 6/13/09 for first qso, the K3
works well with the
VL-1000.

Regards
Art