From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Jerry Neufeld
Sent: Thursday, July 16, 2009 9:53 AM
To: elecraft
Subject: [Elecraft] Replacing batteries in the KX1

Good afternoon folks,

Although I have had my KX1 for nearly a year, I have never used it on
batteries until yesterday, Not having constructed it myself, I was unaware
that there was no disconnect that would allow for ease of battery
replacement without endangering wires from coming adrift from the board.
Does anyone have any suggestions about how best to avoid inadvertently
disconnection of wires when putting in new batteries while, say, in the
Amazon rain forest in Ecuador where I'll be next month?

Thanks.

Jerry  VE3QSO