Tom,

Yes, you can use the RF probe.  It *should* be OK up to a max of 20
watts measuring across a 50 ohm dummy load.  The 1N34A diode is rated at
45 volts peak reverse voltage, so if you exceed 30 volts RMS (the RF
Probe reads in RMS volts), you are nearing the limit.

The accuracy of your measurement depends on the accuracy of your dummy
load.  It would be wise to check it with an antenna analyzer at the
frequency you will be using for calibration (40 meters is preferred)

73,
Don W3FPR