John,

Go to the Elecraft website and download the manuals for the K2 and all
the installed options.
There have been some changes in the K2, but if your serial number is
above 3000, the currently posted manuals will do just fine.  The
sections on "Operating" will be most helpful to you at first, but review
the menu options to get a feel for the setup capabilities, and then skim
through the Alignment and Test sections of the manuals to get an idea
about how to do other items that a builder would acquire as he builds
the K2 and its options.

There are older versions of the manuals available - I believe Tom
Hammond N0SS has preserved most all the versions - look on his website
www.n0ss.net if you need an older version.

73,
Don W3FPR