Ron AC7AC wrote:
<What saddens me about CW today is that so much of it is "machine perfect".
<Listening across the bands it's like listening to a whole bunch of identical
<computer-generated speech. No accents. No inflections. No "dialects". Very
<sterile to my ears

Ron have you checked out the SKCC  Straight Key Century Club  www.skccgroup.com
?

They have a monthly event just like the ARRL straight key night as well as
sprints and other operating events.  The general rule is that CW must be sent
by mechanical means such as a bug or straight key.

When you hear me on you can sure tell it is NOT computer generated CW! :-)

73,
Bill - K6WLM
KX1
K2