I thought the RoHS compliant stuff that Elecraft is doing was all in the
ENIG process.  I've ordered a K1 and a K3 since RoHS and all the boards
are ENIG.  Perhaps for the W1 they are using IMAg?

I should explain:
ENIG = Electroless Nickel Immersion Gold (or gold pads)
or
IMAg = Immersion Silver (or silver (whiteish) pads)

For the record both have their pluses and minuses such as the IMAg is
more susceptibile to oxidization and other cleaning issues (cleaning
when the boards are made) where as ENIG is usually less often plagued by
cleaning issues however contamination in the process can lead to whats
referred to as black pads.  ENIG costs a little more and is generally
accepted as slightly "better".  Probably mostly because of the higher
cost. ;)

~BTH