I have noticed what I think is small but inexplicable change in my K3 shift.

Up until a few weeks ago (when I had some other odd issue with the sidetone
going to zero hz, thus the crystal filter not seeming to work...)
my shift "centre frequency" was 60.
That is, that is where I think the normal is and was demarcated by an asterisk,
hence it read *60, and then 55, 50, 45 etc going down, and then when going back
up the 60 had the *60 marker.

Now the marker is *61. Things still go down and up in 5 hz increments when
shifting but the default/normal marked is *61.

Why is this? What happened? I don't really discern much diffence (being doing
contacts in cw with no problem) ..
but the mystery of how this changed and how to change it back (simply to be
back to 5 hz steps...?) is pestering me.

And yes, my tired eyes don't see much of anything on this in the manuals. But
then again my wife has to find my jam for breakfast.

tnx
Brien Pepperdine
VE3VAW
Toronto