Hi Wayne,

Just to clarify - those knobs were 14 per pair from Mouser.  So about 7
bucks each if you look at it from that perspective.  If you do decide to
offer machined knobs, wouldn't it be easier just to order from a company
that already specializes in machined knobs? Capital investment and
manufacturing costs shouldn't be significantly higher especially if bought
in bulk then they are now for your plastic knobs.

Just a thought.  Happy Friday and good DX to you and all Elecrafters.

BTW, I'll be operating 4U1UN again this afternoon beginning around 2200
zulu, perhaps earlier if I can sneak out of the office.  Hope I can work
some of you guys then. I've never actually had a QSO with another K3 owner
on air.. surprise surprise...