Hi Pete:

I also felt at times that the PROSET headphone volume was too low for my
taste. I solved the problem by plugging them into the rear speaker jack. Set
CONFIG: SPKRS to 2 (for stereo).

I had exchanged e-mails with both Gary and Lyle at Elecraft to make sure
this was ok. In one of the e-mails from last December, Lyle made the
following comment:

"......we may provide a future option to let you set the relative headphone
versus speaker level from a CONFIG menu.  Your feedback is very important to
us!"

So be sure to let them know if you think such a config setting might be
useful to you. Your posting reminded me that I never got back to Lyle on
that subject.

The only downside of using the speaker jack for headphones is if you want to
use the internal speaker you have to unplug the headphones. The internal
speaker is muted when anything is plugged into the external speaker jack.

73,
Mike K2MK

Peter Chamalian
Sun, 02 Aug 2009 14:06:06 -0700

I've been enjoying my K3 but find the audio output in my Heil Pro Set is
rather weak.  Is there a mismatch here or some setting that will boost the
audio level?

Just for the record, I hae the latest production release firmware, speaker +
phones is no.

Thanks,

Pete, W1RM