Guy wrote:

Does anybody buy a piece of ham gear for the knobs? That's it? The knobs?
I had a knob split on my K3.  Elecraft replaced it right away.  In the mail
by the time I hung up the phone.  Case closed.  You can bet behind the
scenes Wayne is really annoyed busting mfr chops about getting knobs that
don't split without having to raise the price 200 bux for machined knobs.
What did the guy say, a little expensive?  Yeah, just a little...

It's a radio.  I want to hear stuff.

I can get knobs on stuff that doesn't hear.  If I want to get tactile, I
turn on the old 75A3.  Nuthin modern FEELS like the old Collins gear. Heavy
metal, R390A, wonderful gear mechanisms.

But none of them HEAR like the K3.  K3 is the first out-of-the-box modern
radio that I am sure will always hear CW better than a R390A.  But the
original 1954 purchase price (this was the *reduced cost* version of the
R390) in current dollars would be around $24,000.

You can get real nice knobs on a $24,000 radio.

Agreed; nuff said

Gary
Sent via BlackBerry® from Telstra