Chokes look fine but L4 and L5 aren't directly connected to line-in; they
seem to be connected to the microphone in though. I took the KIO3 apart and
traced the line-input circuit for continuity.  The whole board looks good
with no cold solder joints.

Anyway, I put everything back and voila... works like new.  In fact, even
better than before.  I only need to set the input gain to about 10 to get a
nice signal in from DM780 and registering about 5.5 to 6 bars ALC.

This leads me to think two things;

1.  Something was loose and my refitting the boards took care of it
2.  There's still a cold solder somewhere that gets affected by heat

I'll leave the rig on for a while and keep testing.  I'm keeping my fingers
crossed.

73 de James K2QI

On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 9:10 PM, Joe Subich, W4TV <li...@subich.com> wrote:

> Check the RF chokes L4 and L5 on the KIO3 Audio IO board.
>
> 73,
>
>   ... Joe, W4TV

73 de James K2QI