I just bought a used pre-built K2 from a local friend.  I bought the rig for my
main QRP station in the house and also to take out where ever I decide to
operate radio.  I very much hope it is durable enough to travel in a bag.  I'm
still trying to get used to this rig.  It was a huge investment toward my hobby
and I am still a little nervous it isn't functioning quite right or won't meet
my needs.

I notice a hesitation in output power when I first key the rig after changing
bands.  IS THIS NORMAL DUE TO THE BAND SWITCHING RELAYS?  It is a little
annoying when trying to call that first station on a new band and they miss the
first letter of my call and have to ask for it again. After the intitial key
down it seems to work fine.

I also have more output power at least on 20 and 40 meters than what the power
setting is set to.  last night with the output power set to 5 watts I was
getting about 7.5 watts out.  I plan to change out the resistor in R98 to
correct this problem.

I would also like to know what ideas any of you have come up with to reasonably
weather proof the radio while using it outside.  I only have the noise blanker
and SSB board in it right now so there seems like a lot of holes in the back
for dirt or a critter to crawel into and there are a lot of seams around the
panels.

The reflector has helped answer some questions and of course is a great
resourse.  Thanks!

Ivin W9ILF