We have a -very- defined process for market research. :-) And part of
that is the feedback we get from the reflector, pro and con. We also
have a very defined method of prioritizing our regular K3 internal
feature upgrades. We are not haphazardly responding to the loudest noise
on the reflector ;-)

The P3 we are showing at Santa Barbara is our engineering prototype. Our
intent is to get additional feedback on the design. While we will not be
totally redesigning it (we've done a lot of prior market research) we do
expect to incorporate some of the suggestions. Plus we have many
unannounced P3 features and the feedback gives us a feel for what we
should work on first.

Also, the P3 has fully upgradeable firmware through the same K3Utility
process as the K3.

We ask that people do not criticize it as if it was 100% complete and
shipping today. It certainly will evolve slightly as it gets to market.
We -are- looking for constructive and realistic suggestions. Keep 'em
coming. That's how we get the best products out there.

73, Eric  WA6HHQ
Elecraft