I am sometimes finding it will read 1 bar above what it should, which is what
you are seeing. But using the AT1 step attenuator, I find that it takes only
1 or 2 dB attenuation to bring the reading down one bar. This now one heck
of an accurate S meter. I now have within a couple of dB at the S3, S9 and
s9+40 calibration points that I can do without fiddling with the attenuator.

ab2tc - KNut

David Pratt-4 wrote:

> I have just completed a full recalibration of Power and the new S-meter
> calibration with successful results. I am most impressive.
>
> One query though...  Using the SG1 to generate a 1uV and 50uV signal
> source on 7040kHz, after calibration I find that the S-meter reads
> S9+5db with 50uV and S4 with 1uV.  This is with both the main RX and the
> Sub RX.  Is that what others find?
> <snip>

-----
AB2TC - Knut