Bill wrote:

When the Liberty Ship Jeremiah O'Brien gets under way in San Francisco Bay
there is a YL operator that communicates with KPH from the ship.  She is
very skilled at sending with a Viproplex bug.  (Puts me to shame!)

 It is great to hear these commercial CW operators in action.

------------------------------

You're probably thinking of Denise Stoops, the first woman operator at KPH
and still active with the radiomarine society. I know of at least one voyage
she's made with the O'Brien.

You can see and hear her at work recently pounding out good Morse on her bug
this YouTube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2a4scmlC7tI

And in her earlier days (1970's) she is in this photo near the message board
at the center of all the guys in the radio room (bottom photo on that page):

http://www.radiomarine.org/historic-6.html

73,

Ron AC7AC