Hi Ron,

OK, I'm really missing something then.  Eric said (emphasis mine):

> There is no downside to making this h/w mod, EVEN IF YOU DO NOT
> ENABLE THE MENU OPTION.

That sounds very much like he's saying you can make the mod and not
change the SPI bus clock rate to SP2.

But you just said (again, emphasis mine):

> If you add the diodes and resistors per the App Note, ... YOU *MUST*
> CHANGE THE SPI BUS CLOCK RATE TO "SP2" FOR PROPER (STABLE) OPERATION.

I don't see how they can both be correct.

The reason I would like clarification is that I sometimes go back to a
previous FW release to compare operation with the new release.  If
what you say is true, that implies that once I make the hardware mod I
can't go back to the 3.19 release without potentially having VFO
stability issues.  If that's really and truly the case, I don't want
to do the mod until I'm sure I won't ever want to go back to anything
older than 3.24.

73
--
Joe KB8AP