From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Don Wilhelm
Sent: Monday, August 24, 2009 3:47 PM
To: Michael M. Raskin
Cc: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K3 and SignaLink USB Interface

Mike,

Using the ACC connector will not help a lot - there are no audio signals
there, so the only applicable input at the ACC connector would be PTT
IN.  It would seem just as easy to use the PTT RCA jack on the K3
because you would be connecting to the LINE IN and LINE OUT for audio.
The LINE OUT is pre-AF gain, you set the level using CONFIG: LIN OUT in
the menu.

73,
Don W3FPR

Michael M. Raskin wrote:
> Anyone using this combo with the ACC (15-pin) instead of the mic jack?  DX
Engineering, and well as TigerTronics, sell all kinds of pre-made cables but
only a mic cable for the K3.  I'd rather connect to the ACC, as I do with
the IC-7800, where the audio signal is not dependent on the AF volume or mic
gain settings.