yes

Eric
_..._
-----Original Message-----
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <li...@subich.com>
Date: Tuesday, Aug 25, 2009 1:11 pm
Subject: RE: [Elecraft] K3 Future Factory Hardware Updates; + New beta f/w
release 3.27
To: Reply-    <li...@subich.com>To: "'Eric Swartz - WA6HHQ, Elecraft'"
<e...@elecraft.com>,        <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>

Eric,

> Please note that the last item, the IF Output Buffer Gain mMod,
 is slightly different than the similar N8LP mod some have been
 performing on their K3s independently. We determined that only
 one value needs to change to implement the gain increase for
 the IF output. We are changing R8 from 1K ohms to 13K ohms.

Are you saying it is not necessary to increase the current in
J309 to handle the higher signal levels?

With this change, what is the transfer gain/loss from the antenna
input to the IF output with the IF output terminated in 50 Ohms?

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV