I have just installed the K3 VFO Tuning Noise Reduction mod and the K3
Automatic Front-End Protection mod in my newest K3.  The mods went in well, but
on the NoiseTuning Reduction mod, I did find the two vias on the left (viewing
the RF board from the bottom) full of solder.  I cut the 470 ohm resistor and
soldered it in the proper via.  I then cut the 1N4148 and soldered the anode in
the proper via.  The loose ends of these components were then cut and soldered
together.
Regarding the Automatic Front-End mod, be careful not to use too much solder on
the right end of R56.  I did, and created a bridge to the adjacent via.  I had
to use my desoldering gun to remove the excess solder.
Now for the good news.   While making these mods, I noticed that the KRX3
Subout Connector mod will be easily accessable.  It is located under the bottom
front panel same as the above mods.  R8 is located on the right central part of
the exposed RF board.  The SMD resistor should not be hard to replace.  I
presume Elecraft will make this resistor available.  Maybe it will be included
in the P3 kit.  Roy Morris  W4WFB