David,

I cannot fully answer your questions right now, BUT I must give you a
caution.  The K2 AUX IO connector is *not* an RS-232 port - that is why
it is labeled AUX IO.

To avoid damage to your K2, use ONLY the cable shown in the KIO2 manual
to connect your K2 to the Rigblaster Pro.
In other words, only TXD RXD and signal ground (pins 2, 3 and 5) of the
K2 AUX IO connector should connect to either a computer or the
Rigblaster Pro.

The K2 has no provisions for FSK, and attempts to use DTR or RTS for PTT
or keying will damage the K2 because those pins in the normal RS-232
interface pinout are used within the K2 structure for carrying internal
K2 signals to external Elecraft producets such as the KRC2 and KAT100.

Again, the K2 AUX IO is *not* an RS-232 port although it does carry 3 of
the defined RS-232 signals TXD, RXD and Signal Ground.

73,
Don W3FPR