Try most recent firmware for some new NR on the K3.

In general are you talking about CW or SSB or both?  If SSB, I find
that the controlling aspect of close signals is transmitted splatter,
which no receiver can do anything to improve. Some really poor front
ends make that worse.

Will your Icom's nullify key clicks from adjacent clicky signals?

IC7600  $4000 US
IC7700  $8484 US
IC7800  $10600 US

Total     $23,084 US

Lot of money just to argue with K3 owners on the Elecraft reflector.

Interesting that you don't see any difference between the 7800
performance and a K3. As in math, there is no advantage to placement
for two things on either side of an equals sign.  As to the "heard"
performance with the better RX lab numbers, I'd have to say that I
only hear a differential in really bad CW situations in contests. It's
also abundantly clear that "heard" performance varies widely between
individuals and I don't think anyone is telling deliberate lies. That
is to say that if you say they sound the same to you, then they sound
the same to you.

Neither do I think Sherwood is telling any lies.  I don't think he has
a dog anywhere in that fight.

I note that Icom says outright that the 7600 is the replacement for
the Pro III and "improved the in-band IMD (Inter Modulation
Distortion) significantly over the IC-756PRO3."  For a disadvantage
they swore for years the Pro line didn't have, that's an interesting
admission.  Wonder what brought that on...

Maybe the 7600 is a really good rig for the dough, maybe they left
some things out.  Time will tell.

The other thing about a 7600, can you get it in a kit?

73, Guy.