Hello -

I am building a K3 kit and all was going well with the checkout and test
when I decided to download the latest version of the firmware.  The
download failed and now the K3 displays "MCU LD" whenever it is turned
on.  The K3 utility programs no longer can talk the to the K3.  My
original PC was using a USB to serial cable and worked fine through all
the calibration steps.  I used another USB to serial adapter that was
compatible with the K3 USB to serial software but it did not work
either.  I tried yet another PC that has a native serial port, but no
luck with that as well.

In verbose mode, the utility program says it is sending ";" at various
baud rates and I presume it is getting no response.

I suppose it is possible that the serial port failed after working for
about 10 minutes, but it seems unlikely.  All the boards seem to be
seated well and I doubt it is a connection problem

At this point, the K3 seems to have corrupted firmware, but it can no
longer talk to a PC in order to do a new download.  Not sure what to try
next.

Any suggestions welcome

73, Tom W2SC