K2MK wrote:

> My initial findings were with a 50Hz filter bandwidth.

I'm not sure, but I think the BW of a 30 wpm CW signal such as you will
hear in contests exceeds 50 Hz.  The code elements pretty much run
together at that BW for me, and I really can't discern much.

And you're right, my autospot doesn't work unless the CWT bar is
moderately stable, regardless of NR settings.

I was struck by the fact that I can even set my radio for 50 Hz BW!  I
wonder what the BW was on my Drake 2B with the Q-mult set just below
oscillation?  Things sure have changed.

73,

Fred K6DGW
- Northern California Contest Club
- CU in the 2009 Cal QSO Party  3-4 Oct 2009
- www.cqp.org