Jim,

I do not have a Quadra, but I can think of at least 2 ways to accomplish
what you are trying to do.  Neither of which involve using the TUNE button.
1) Switch to CW mode - set the Power knob to the 70 to 80 watt range and
close the key (it does not have to be a key, just a switch or pushbutton
plugged into the KEY jack (but a straight key will do if you have one).
2) Set the K3 for CW in SSB (so you will not have to change to CW mode)
and close the key or switch as above.

73,
Don W3FPR