John,

The pinout and the microphone configuration header information is in the
KSB2 manual (download it from the Elecraft website if you do not have a
copy).

The Kenwood pinout is almost the same as the Elecraft pinout *except*
for pins 5 and 6 which are interchanged between the two.  A Kenwood
dynamic microphone normally does not use pins 5 and 6, but if you have
an amplified Kenwood microphone, then it is highly likely that the mic
expects to have voltage (+5 to +8 volts) on pin 5.

I looked at the Heil website and could not find an MH-1 microphone.  Was
that a typo and you really meant the Elecraft MH2 microphone that was
manufactured by Heil - turn it over and read the back label - those
microphones had the Heil label on the front and has confused many people.

For a good resource on microphone pinouts, look at the list compiled by
G4WVW at http://www.timroberts-vk4yeh.id.au/G4WPW_mic_connections/index.htm.

73,
Don W3FPR