I agree that most of the time the ARRL radio product reviews are performed
with 400-500 Hz bandwidth IF filters installed.  However there is at least
one notable exception.  Have a look at the March 1991 ARRL review of the now
famous Yaesu FT1000D.  The ARRL tests were conducted with 250 Hz bandwidth
IF filters.  This surely helped make the Yaesu FT1000D review results even
better.

By just reviewing the ARRL test results, is there a simple way of comparing
the FT1000 measured with 250 Hz bandwidth IF filters with other radios
tested by the ARRL that were tested with 500 Hz bandwidth IF filters?

73,
Dave