I need some guidance, please.  My K3 built in antenna tuner seems to do a very
nice
job on the HF bands, and it now permits me to use a single 160m inverted V
antenna to
get coverage on all the HF bands.  I do not currently have an amplifier anymore
for
the HF bands, since I rarely operate on them.  The antenna tuner seems to work
FB
direct from the K3 to the antenna - but only when I am in the receive mode.

HOWEVER, when I operate on 6m, I use an amplifier with external preamp, coax
relays,
sequencer, etc.  The K3 is put into XMIT by the sequencer through the front
panel PTT
line, which is triggered either by a footswitch or the computer.  Which means,
the
amplifier is only connected to the antenna when I am in XMIT mode.  Of course,
you
say!  BUT, to get the K3 antenna tuner to work into the amplifier, I need to be
in
XMIT mode, and the K3's antenna tuner does not seem to work when I am in XMIT
mode!
Is there some special setting or something somewhere that I need to change to
enable
the antenna tuner to work when the K3 and the rest of the station is switched
into
XMIT mode?

I can't imagine I am the only person running an amplifier with my K3, so
SOMEBODY
must have an idea how to conveniently do this ;-)  Right now, the only solution
have found is to put the station into XMIT, but disconnect the PTT line going
to the
K3, so it is still in RECV.  Then with everything EXCEPT the K3 in XMIT mode, I
can
press the ATU TUNE button and have it match up to the input of the amplifier.
Then I
can reconnect the PTT line to the K3 for normal operation.  This can't be the
best
way to do this :-(  Thanks for your help!  VY 73, Lance
--
Lance Collister, W7GJ (ex: WN3GPL, WA3GPL, WA1JXN, WA1JXN/C6A, ZF2OC/ZF8,
E51SIX)

Interested in 6m EME?  Ask me about subscribing to the MAGIC BAND EME email
reflector!