> Hearing a bit of the opposite sideband is a natural effect of using a
> very low Shift/Lo-Cut setting.  No matter how straight sided the DSP
> filter may be, it does have a finite slope to it (if it did not have
> slope, it would ring like crazy).

The DSP effect would be at audio.  The "opposite sideband" effect
is due to no longer "fixing" the corner of the roofing filter 200
Hz away from the carrier point.  Remember, audio frequencies are
imaged (folded) around the carrier.

The DSP works the same whether audio at 200 Hz is above or below
the carrier.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV