I have K3 s/n 3020 with firmware 3.11.
I'm planning to upgrade firmware at the next release--I didn't see 3.14 as
important for me.

I've been using the K3 on 80 through 20 mostly, with great success and
satisfaction--I love this radio.

I have in filter locations 1-4
1 - 13 khz, 0 gain, 0 offset
2 - 2.7 khz 5-pole, 0 gain, -.85 offset
3 - 1.8 khz 8-pole, 0 gain, 0 offset
4 - .4 khz 8-pole, 2 gain, 0 offset

I did NOT get the AM filter because I did not plan on transmitting AM.

I DID get the FM filter because I want to listen to AM (broadcast band and SW),
and possibly operate on 10 meter FM.

When I try to use the FM filter for AM listening, the results are very poor.
Specifically, poor bass and significant ringing, even when adjusted for max
bandwidth, which shows as 5 khz on the display.

If I turn the FM filter off, and use the 2.7 khz 5-pole filter for AM
listening, the results are much better--no ringing and a more open sound with
better bass.

The FM filter bandwidth is set for 13 khz in the config menu.

Did I make an error in judgment when I purchased the FM filter for AM
listening, or am I experiencing a technical problem?

I have not tried to use the FM filter for 10 meter FM because I haven't heard
any detectable signals at my location.

Thanks,
Dan - W4TQ