Not too long ago there was some debate about the Fast QSY function that
can be used if you set VFO OFS = 1.

There were those who feel that the fast QSY function should *not* clear
the LSB's so that if you use it (or perhaps accidentally bump it) you
have an easier time getting back to the frequency that you were
previously on.

However there are those who have grown accustomed to the M.CH knob on
Kenwood rigs that allow for 1Khz movement but it *does* clear the LSB's
and allows you to tune the band in a channelized fashion.  Personally I
kinda wish that we'd use the band in a more random fashion and less like
CBer's but thats just me... ;)

Any way I had a thought.  Being that the CLR button has no function when
the user is simply listening with RIT and XIT off why not have that
button clear the 3 LSBs.  That way if you want the first scenario
mentioned above you simply grab the knob and crank away.  However if you
prefer the second scenario you only have tap that CLR switch.  This is a
very simple action and one can hit this button in the same motion while
reaching for the knob.

Anyone have thoughts?

~Brett

PS:  Sorry for more nit picks on the K3 guys but honestly I think we're
at this level now...  For me the K3 works wonderfully.  Granted I know
that with this group out here there will be more great ideas and some
more big exciting firmware releases are on the way!  Sometimes its hard
to come up with solutions that keep everyone happy.  Here is my attempt
at one.