I've just gone through the last 800 or so recent reflector messages (I
haven't downloaded my email in a few days), and not a single one was devoted
to this hardware modification. I have a couple of questions:

1.      What is this mod for? I'm assuming it's for the Elecraft panadaptor,
but why do we need to mod the K3?  Couldn't the IF output be amplified by
the panadaptor?  I'm not really comfortable cutting stuff out of my 4
thousand dollar investment.
2.      If I do decide to buy the panadaptor, can Elecraft perform this
modification for me if I send the radio back?  I've already done most of the
hardware mods, but SMD stuff I refuse to deal with.

73 de James K2QI