I want to make an observation on the recent discussion concerning the K3 and
what it can do and what is can't do and what people want it to do.

This year at Dayton, I purchased a Hammarlund HQ110 for "grins and giggles."
The price was right and I carried it home.  This is a nice unit and works
rather well.  But, through the years (44 years) I had forgotten how much better
receivers are today than yesteryear.  It takes 30 minutes for the 110 to stop
drifting and become stable.  Selectivity is fun too...as now I remember that as
a Novice and General I had to copy one signal through a bandwidth that allowed
three to four signals at the same time.  And, as a Novice, working split was
the NORM!

I guess it is a matter of perception...but I am glad for today's modern day
receivers.  They are vastly - (and that is an understatement) better...from the
60's and have gotten better year and year over the decades.  We've all grown
with the hobby and I wonder if we need to stand back and reflect on where we
have come from (short term and long term) and really appreciate the technology
around us today.

Lee Buller
K0WA

 In our day and age it seems that Common Sense is in short supply.  If you
don't have any Common Sense - get some Common Sense and use it.  If you can't
find any Common Sense, ask for help from somebody who has some Common Sense.
Is Common Sense divine?