Hi Dave,

Have you tried AFSK instead? If so, do you see similar power transients?
Depending on what software is generating the tones and assuming the
audio level is set properly, it is possible that AFSK might produce a
cleaner signal than what you are seeing in FSK. Operationally, they are
the same, i.e. all the same features and operating techniques that you
use in FSK D can also be used in AFSK A (well, except maybe for using CW
paddles to transmit - that doesn't work in AFSK A).

Just another idle thought, but I wonder whether the TX Gain calibration
would make a difference?

When I try FSK I don't see any sign of similar transients, but my power
metering might not be able to respond quickly enough to see them if they
were there, so that doesn't necessarily mean a lot.

73,
Rich VE3KI