From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of John Payne
Sent: Monday, September 28, 2009 7:15 AM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] ESSB and the rules

N2DTS: "I don't understand why some people like to limit other
peoplesactivity, or choices."

Excerpted from FCC rules Part 97:

ยง97.307 Emission standards.

(a) No amateur station transmission shall occupy more bandwidth than
necessary for the information rate and emission type being transmitted,
in accordance with good amateur practice.

(b) Emissions resulting from modulation must be confined to the band or
segment available to the control operator. Emissions outside the
necessary bandwidth must not cause splatter or keyclick interference to
operations on adjacent frequencies.

It's the law!!  Minimum practical bandwidth, no splatter, no spurs.  FCC
can and will cite stations for violations.

73 de W4CWZ

--
"The real proof that there is intelligent life in outer space is that they
haven't come here."