Hi Wayne,

Wayne Burdick schrieb am 29 Sep 2009 um 10:29:

> We've had many requests to provide an 0.5-kHz VFO tuning step size in  SSB
> modes. I'd like to substitute this for the current 2.5 kHz  selection. The
> new set of steps sizes for SSB would then be:
>
>    0.1, 0.5, 1.0, 5.0
>
> Most operators probably don't find 2.5 kHz steps to be particularly
> useful. 0.5 kHz, on the other hand, seems to be a useful lowest-common-
> denominator for tuning the SSB band segments.
>
> Each mode can have up to 4 step sizes with the K3's present per-mode  data
> structure. I could add more step sizes, but that would require a  much more
> extensive change.
>
> Please let me know if you have a compelling requirement for 2.5 kHz
> steps.

I dont really care if the last step is 2.5 or 5 kHz. I think 5 is better for a
fast move (QSY).  My
wish is that I can choose 0.5 kHz for the fast tuning rate with the clarifier
knob. Most stations
are sitting either at .0 or .5, and it is nice to check the band with the RIT
knob and fine tune with
the main VFO (which is rarely necessary in fact) This is what I use very often.
YMMV.

cheers,
Werner oe9fwv

--
The only substitute for good manners is fast reflexes.

Email powered by Pegasus Mail free at <http://www.pmail.com>
Homepage: <http://www.qsl.net/oe9fwv/>
Fone +43 5522 75013
Fax +43 5522 75013 15