OK, All this talk about speakers, I may as well chime in.

I have used a pair of JBL Control-1 Bookshelf size two way
speakers in my amateur station since I got out of
Broadcasting.  I used these speakers in various TV station
master control rooms to monitor air for quality, and I
bought a pair of (tax deductible!) ones for home so that I
could hear my stations at home through the same transducers
what the MCR guys were using at work for less "margin of
error"... Acoustics non withstanding (I have audio dweeb
tendencies... Just ask at the Fox, NBC and ABC network
TOC's).

When I no longer needed them in the living room "off-air
monitoring position", I moved them to my ham shack.
Listening to my TS430S, TS570D and TS850SAT has been
rewarding through them.  I look forward to listening to the
extended bass response on the K3 through these very nice
transducers.

They are way overkill for ham radio, but they were just
sitting there in 1999 with nothing important to do...  :)

I also have several of the old Nokia mobile phone car
installation kit speakers that came with their hands free
kit, refugees from decomissioned AMPS phones in News Vans.
These small plastic case speakers with gimball mounts sound
surprisingly good!  I now use one of these as the main
speaker for the TS570 secondary radio.  They are all black
and built solidly to take mobile abuse.  I also have one in
the car for my mobile VHF/UHF rig.  You can often find them
at hamfests and flea markets for around $5.

Ordinarily, I use headsets when operating.  But for guests
in the shack, the speakers are a requirement :)

-lu-W4LT-
K3 #3192 (Now somewhere in Kansas, on its way back from
Aptos with new encoders)

Message: 10