Mike the K3 does not need any extra interface to operate "sound card
modes" with a PC. A couple of ordinary 3.5mm to 3.5mm stereo cables
(to/from a sound card) and a standard serial cable between your PC and
the K3 works perfectly. No special settings, no need for VOX, separate
line in/out levels to leave your mic levels alone, EQ bypassed on data,
you name it the K3 does it. The Ham Radio Deluxe software will key the
K3 via serial command and it's freeware.

The K3 is probably one of the easiest radios to interface for data
modes, having built in isolation transformers and a command set which
allows serial RS232 transmit/receive commands to operate it.

73 Dave, G4AON
K3/100 #80
Has anyone used a Buxcomm Rascal interface with the K3? If so, what
cable does it use?

What other interface is used for RTTY and PSK31? I want to do direct
keying, not audio, and I want to copy with the 'puter.

Does the K3 come with the mating plug for the acc jack?

73, Mike NF4L