We have had excellent reliability with the K3 FP switches - actually
much better than on past rigs I've owned. Don't forget that many of the
other K rigs (K1, K2, K3, KX1) have been out there for 8-10 years. We
watch this carefully here both in manufacturing and via tracking our
customer support issues. The switch technology used on the K3 is even
more reliable than the switches used on pour past rigs. Its certainly
possible for a problem to occur on an occasional rig, but its not
something happening across the board. (If you or anyone is having a
problem , please contact k3supp...@elecraft.com and they will get it
straightened out immediately.)

In general , we see very few failures of switches on our older K rigs.
And all of my demo K3s used at shows and my persoanl K3 have had zero
issues here. Of course, any radio, not just ours, can have a switch fail
due to very heavy use, or use in corrosive atmospheres (extreme humidity
and salt) etc. But even in those cases (think VP6DX K3s) we haven't seen
any major issues.

73, Eric