The logic here in EI is typically a 1750Hz tone is needed to 'wake up'
the repeater after a period of inactivity. once the repeater is open the
1750Hz tone is no longer required
if this is to be 'auto-magic' have it TX a 1750Hz tone IF, repeater
shift is on AND squelch is closed at the time of TX. If the squelch is
open then the repeater is already open and the Tone burst is not
required to wake it up.

Here in EI all repeaters support Tone burst access, many support CTSS
and some encode CTSS on their transmissions too (but only when the
repeater has it's squelch open, I.e no ctss on beacon IDENTs etc)

73
Brendan EI6IZ (Keeper of EI2TGR repeater )