I have K3 #995 with mcu3.41, dsp2.37 and I have kept up with all the factory
audio mods to date. I swapped out my main dsp board for a new one from
Elecraft in August. At the time I was running mcu3.25, dsp2.21 and after the
swap I noticed improved low feq. response. I believe mcu3.25, dsp2.21 was
the FW pre-release that had the surprise extended low freq response.  With
the latest firmware I am still enjoying improved low freq response and
perhaps it is even a little better; based on my crude estimates using
spectrogram16 while listening to AM broadcast band stations. Because of the
timing of my dsp board swap with the loading of the latest beta firmware, I
was never really certain what led to the improvement. Is it the hardware or
the firmtware, or are both required for older K3's?
Bob W9RFS

"The audio passband shift changes in the latest K3 beta firmware release
served as a reminder that the K3 audio mods on N1EU's website needed
updating.  Barry recently made those changes and they're available through
the link below:

http://n1eu.com/K3/k3audiomod.htm

Whether Elecraft is, or will in the future, offer a Main DSP Board swap-out
program is best answered by Elecraft.  Swapping the board is certainly much
easier than changing multiple SMT parts for the affected Rx and Tx audio
paths.  My understanding is that the new Main DSP Board is already part of
new K3s going out the door.  However, I am unsure as to what S/N the cut-in
occurred.  Clarification from Elecraft on these points would be very
helpful.

Paul, W9AC "