Adding the XG2 signal generator the K3 is not only f/w. It would require
a major h/w change. We will not be doing that in the near future due to
both cost and engineering availability.

In general, the S-Meter calibration feature is an excellent enhancement,
but not totally necessary for normal use of the K3. We shipped thousands
of K3s before adding this.  In general most ham rigs are all over the
map in their S-Meter accuracy. We added this cal feature so those so
interested could further enhance the K3s accuracy to be one of the best
out there. :-)

73, Eric  WA6HHQ
---