In more recent firmware there is an option to default the VOX on CW to
OFF. This avoids those embarrassing moments when you turn the rig on and
lean across the bench pressing the paddles and transmit by accident.
Unfortunately, the same is not true if you enable CW in SSB... Even if
VOX is OFF the paddles will let you transmit CW when on SSB.

Check through the firmware release notes for these items. The VOX "OFF"
came with version 3.09 and is changed in CONFIG: CW WGHT by pressing the
"4" key.

73 Dave, G4AON
K3/100 #80

As almost 'CW only' operator I experience that sometimes after some switch
combinations or switching on the K3, I have no output due to the VOX not
being activated. After pressing VOX once this is solved. I did not have this
behaviour with earlier firmware versions. Are there others who have the
same experience?
Further enjoy the K3, it's firmware updates and the discussions on Nabble!
Just super.
Best regards,
Dick PA3CW