Chris:

On my rig's (#3192) return from Aptos for the replacement of
the Quad Encoders, I received the same error.  I tried to
initiate tune output and the tune button would send out a
6.5w carrier when set to 10w, then switch back to receive,
but the TX LED would stay on.  It didnt do this before...

The factory had loaded 3.30 (I sent it in with 3.27)
firmware and K6PZ had done the calibrations upon installing
the new encoders (Or so it says on the work order).

I figured something was awry, so I did the power
calibrations again into my load with 3.30 loaded and
received the same error you got.

I backreved to 3.27, tried to calibrate and got the same
error again.  On a whim, I upgraded to 3.41, ran the
calibrations and the error went away.

I dont know what caused this, but the radio seems fine now,
running 3.41, 10w is 10w and no issues at all in a week of
operation.

I didnt report the problem because I have not experienced it
again, I thought it was a quirk with my rig, but now since
you reported it, I thought I would let you and Elecraft know
that I saw the same thing and how I got rid of it.

Maybe its just a fluke or has something to do with the phase
of the moon  :)

Lu-W4LT
K3 # 3192

Message: 23