Brian,

I don't know what kind of home-made PA they are using but if it it's the
tetrode kind with a non-tuned input, it may very well be that the PA
incident they describe generated VHF oscillations which damaged the K3's
160m band filter. This happened to an HB9 friend who had to replace two
relays in the final stage of his FT-1000MP after arcing in his home-made
tetrode PA had occurred.

See: http://www.kk5dr.com/swampednetworks.htm

Now I always have an LP filter inserted between the K3 and the PA (not
home-made, it's an ACOM1000 but also a tetrode type with a "swamped" input).
If this is the case, I'm afraid our friends on Fiji will have to use the K2
on Top Band and the K3 on the other bands until they get home.

Wish I could find a simpler/quicker solution...

73 - Richard - HB9ANM

Can anyone help the team on Fiji?

Rys - I will follow up with a response from the reflector if I see it.

73 -- Brian -- K1LI